Technology Planning and Deployment Group
The Technology Planning & Deployment (TP&D) group is part of the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory's (PNNL's) Energy and Environment Directorate. TP&D staff provide customers with a strong combination of experience and expertise in the areas of:
- Economics and Regulatory Analysis
- Renewable Energy Feasibility Assessments (wind, bio, solar, geothermal)
- Energy Efficient Lighting
- Building Energy Efficiency Science
- Technology Planning, Market Adoption, Impact Analysis, and Deployment Support.
In addition to the 48 TP&D staff members located in Richland, TP&D also manages the operation of PNNL's Portland, Ore., office with over 22 staff working in the areas of energy, environment, and national security.
- Building and Facilities Energy Utilization Assessments, Audits, Codes & Standards, Efficiency Planning & Implementation
- Economic\Regulatory Impact Modeling and Assessments - technology, energy, transportation, environment and national security
- Financial Analyses and Recommendations - commercialization, investment, financial and contracting decisions
- Life-Cycle Analysis - energy costs and consumption, economic options and new technology impacts
- Technology Market Adoption - outreach planning, communication materials, events
- Next Generation Lighting Policy, Standards, Testing & Market Adoption
- Project Management - professionally certified managers experienced in delivering projects ranging from research and development to field deployment.
- Renewable Energy Assessments, Impacts, and Feasibility Analyses
- Technology Adaptation, Testing and Deployment
- Technology Impact Assessments.
TP&D Group Mission, Vision, ValuesTP&D Group Mission Statement
The TP&D Group's mission is to develop and deliver technology & economic policy planning, analysis, and deployment solutions that exceed client expectations.TP&D Group Vision Statement
The TP&D Group will be recognized internally and externally for its impactful technology planning, assessment, and deployment capabilities and for enabling smarter decision making with our policy and economic analysis strength.TP&D Group Values
In order to perform our mission and attain our vision, we believe that we must foster and sustain a culture that is dedicated to exceeding customer expectations, superior business performance and high standards of ethical behavior. Our values include:
- Consistently delivering value added products and services that exceed our customers’ expectations (technically and programmatically).
- Fostering an environment that is conducive to developing creative solutions and enabling staff to perform at their best.
- Commitment to high standards of quality and integrity in the work we do for our clients.
- Taking our commitments seriously. We think through our commitments before making them and we live up to them once made. We only promise what we can deliver.
- Treating each other and our clients with honesty, respect and dignity.