Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
PO Box 999
Richland, WA 99352
Jennifer States is the Program Manager for Wind and Water Power at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL). Ms. States develops and manages wind and water projects at PNNL, and serves as the principal interface with the U.S. Department of Energy’s Wind and Waterpower Program (WWPP). In October of 2009, she completed a one year assignment at DOE, where she provided support in the areas of grid integration, resource characterization, environmental/siting analysis and characterization, and policy analysis—including implementation of Section 1603 Payments in Lieu of Tax Credits (ITC Grant). Additional responsibilities at PNNL have included renewable energy feasibility studies and project facilitation for Department of Defense facilities. Previously, as Managing Director of JW Prairie Windpower, LLC, she was responsible for all aspects of project development and business management, including wind analysis, turbine selection, site acquisition, project engineering, community relations, legal and regulatory matters, and finance. Ms. States received the Rising Star Award 2010 from the Women of Wind Energy for her early career achievement in the wind industry. According to the award citation: “Jennifer has proven throughout her career in wind that she is a motivated individual and has the skills, interest and the passion to address the barriers to wind energy through private activity and public sector work.”
- Wind Power Project Development
- Renewable Energy Project Development
- Community Outreach and Education
- Proposal Writing
- Energy Policy
- Stakeholder Collaboration
- Energy Market Dynamics
Education and Credentials
- B.S., Political Science, Nebraska Wesleyan University, 1998
- Van Cleve FB, and JC States. 2010. Assessment of the National Wind Coordinating Collaborative: Addressing Environmental and Siting Issues Associated with Wind Energy Development. PNNL-19971, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA.
- Chvala WD, Jr, AE Solana, JC States, WM Warwick, MR Weimar, and DR Dixon. 2008. Renewable Energy Opportunities at White Sands Missile Range, New Mexico. PNNL-20221, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA.
- Chvala WD, Jr, WM Warwick, DR Dixon, AE Solana, MR Weimar, JC States, and RW Reilly. 2008. Renewable Energy Opportunities at Fort Hood, Texas. PNNL-20219, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA.
- Solana AE, JC States, WD Chvala, Jr, MR Weimar, and DR Dixon. 2008. "Renewable Energy Opportunities for the Army." In Proceedings of the World Energy Engineering Congress. Farmont Press Inc., Lilburn, GA.